Vacancy - Response Coordinator - Earthquake Recovery project (Nepalese nationals only)
Response Coordinator – Earthquake Recovery project (Nepalese nationals only)
Location : Gorkha, NEPAL
Type of Contract : Temporary Assignment (TA)
Post Level : Other
Starting Date : 01-November-2015
Duration of Initial Contract : Three Months contract with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
Environment and Child Concern Organization Nepal (ECO-Nepal) is a non – governmental local organization with main office is in Kathmandu, Nepal. In its 15 years of history, was working in all over the country in the area of disaster risk reduction, capacity development, advisory role in policy making and human resource development to make the DRR resilient community. ECO-Nepal is a member of the Disaster preparedness Network Nepal (DPNET).To expand on the success of the early recovery activities (Humanitarian relief phase) in the four VDCs, ECO-Nepal is implementing its next phase project entitled “Building Disaster Resilient Community through Earthquake Recovery Program in targeted VDCs of Gorkha District in partnership with DCA/NCA (Danish Church Aid/Norwegian Church Aid).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision and guidance of Project head. S/he will be the principal representative of executing the overall activities at field office and report to the Project head. The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the successful implementation of the project in Gorkha, providing strategic advice, monitoring and management support, ensure effective use of reporting mechanisms, and coordinate donor relations on behalf of ECO-Nepal. The Project Coordinator is expected to perform the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- General monitoring of the project including adherence to reporting requirements to donors and clients;
- Coordinate timely implementation of all aspects of the project with particular emphasis specific activities described in the project document such as capacity building activities, community development, monitoring and evaluation; and resource-sharing;
- Daily financial management of donor resources in accordance with the approved budget;
- Provide timely and accurate reports to clients and donors on developments and progress within the project;
- Ensure adherence to administrative, project management and financial rules and regulations;
- Assist in preparing technical and financial reports, including analysis of statistical data and financial reports in coordination with Finance Unit;
- Coordinate project procurement and logistics activities with administrative support personnel;
- Support information dissemination activities and advocate for the project among key stakeholders;
- Implement the project activities in within his/her respective area of responsibility as per the work plan and budget.
- Conduct the cluster wise and DDRC meetings to update the project activities to representatives of District line agencies, local bodies, I/NGOs;
- Make field visits to project sites as per the requirement of the project. Monitor progress of the distribution including post-distribution monitoring;
- Establish the smooth relation and maintain close coordination/linkages between District line agencies, local bodies, I/NGOs and projects within the project area and keep them fully informed of the project activities;
- Organize project inception workshops/meetings with partners (central) and at district levels communities (local).
- Support field staff and volunteers in any activities connected to emergency response programme;
- Draft periodic project narrative reports according to the requirements of the donor;
- Provide additional support to Project Management Unit as required.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Develops substantive knowledge of one or more Practice Areas
- Promotes a learning environment in the office
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Leadership and Self-Management
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or related studies
- Degree or Certificate in Project Management a distinct advantage
- 3 years of sound working experience in the field of conservation and development.
- S/he should have a successful record of working with District line agencies, local bodies and community groups in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Must be willing to travel frequently and adapt to difficult working conditions.
- Should have the ability to use tact and diplomacy, resolve conflicts and achieve results.
- Proficiency with MS Office and MS Excel
- Highly motivated and committed
- Organizational and negotiation skill
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Psychosocial support has been provided to vunerable people in the project VDCs of Gorkha District .